You are currently viewing AskHQ: What is an under-rug?

AskHQ: What is an under-rug?

Q: What is an under-rug?

A: Under-rugs (also called rug liners) are used to layer under rugs for additional warmth if required. They are often a more cost-effective way of providing warmth to your horse when required, as opposed to buying a very thick stable rug that you only use once or twice. They come in a variety of different styles, with some including neck pieces; some being tightly fitted to the body; and others having a looser fit.